By Eric Margolis,Stephen Laurence
Read or Download The Conceptual Mind: New Directions in the Study of Concepts (MIT Press) PDF
Best epistemology books
This e-book defends a unique idea of singular innovations, emphasizing the pragmatic requisites of singular inspiration ownership and arguing that those specifications has to be understood to institute traditions and rules of thought.
Der österreichische Philosoph Christian von Ehrenfels (1859–1932) gilt als "Vater der Gestaltpsychologie". Mit seiner Studie "Über Gestaltqualitäten" (1890) legte er die foundation für die Gestaltpsychologie als neuer wissenschaftlicher Disziplin, wirkte aber auch befruchtend auf anderen philosophischen Gebieten.
Epistemic contextualism is a contemporary and hotly debated subject in philosophy. Contextualists argue that the language we use to characteristic wisdom can merely be appropriately understood relative to a specific context. How a lot can our wisdom depend upon context? Is there a restrict, and if this is the case, the place does it lie?
Moritz Schulz explores counterfactual proposal and language: what could have occurred if issues had long past a special method. Counterfactual questions could trouble huge scale derivations (what might have occurred if Nixon had introduced a nuclear assault) or small scale reviews of teenage derivations (what could have occurred if I had determined to hitch a special profession).
- Demonstrative Thought: A Pragmatic View (Epistemische Studien / Epistemic Studies)
- The Science of Knowledge: With the First and Second Introductions (Texts in German Philosophy)
- God and Meaning: New Essays
- From Knowledge to Wisdom: Essays on the Crisis in Contemporary Learning
- Kant on Representation and Objectivity
- Wittgenstein Reads Freud: The Myth of the Unconscious: The Myth of the Unconscious (New French Thought Series)
Additional resources for The Conceptual Mind: New Directions in the Study of Concepts (MIT Press)
The Conceptual Mind: New Directions in the Study of Concepts (MIT Press) by Eric Margolis,Stephen Laurence